• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

Rear Dampers On The 206

Batfink

I was quickly changing the exhaust system on my girlfriends 206 and thought I might just have time to change the rear dampers.

Problem is I could not work out how to get the buggers off.

Top nuts came off easy, but the lower two seem a little odd.

The lower bolt runs through the damper and trailing arm, through a nut and a bracket. This elongated bracket has an outer hole but seems to serve no purpose.

Now I used a spanner on the nut to hold it in place and turned the bolt but the outer bracket just rotates round until tight against the nut.

In my haste I could not see a logical reason or quick way of getting this off. What is the point of this outer bracket? Is it threaded so I just need to stick something through the hole to lock position and then undo the bolt? I seem to need three hands for such a simple task.

In the end I ran out of time and just did the exhaust though its now bugging me as I am sure I am simply missing the obvious as I froze my nuts off in the crappy weather.....

K.

Edited by Batfink

Batfink

16022010150.jpg

16022010155.jpg

anyone?

EdCherry

Im afraid I cant help you, but did you notice the tyres were rubbing (by the looks of it)?

Batfink

yeah the beam bushes are worn as well I think so they need changing...

EdCherry

Doh what a PITA! If I can find my haynes will tell you what needs doing.