• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Wheel Bearings

MrG

when is the best time to replace these on a car used for track work? Should they be done anually or at certain mileage periods? My mates front bearing failed big time at Cadwell last year so its got me thinking.

Thanks all.

Tom Fenton

Remember it is a bit different on a 205- the CV joint clamps the bearing together, so unless the CV shaft breaks, it is unlikey that the wheel can get out like it did to your mate.

Personally I'd just give the car a good once over and spanner check before each trackday, checking for any play or roughness.

MrG

nice thanks Tom, I do this a few weeks prior to an event so am glad I'm on the right lines.

swordfish210

Same as on the road really, just replac ethem when they start to grumble. The noise will be more prominent on a track anyway as the surface is normaly smoother so it's easier to listen out for any iregularities and the higher loads will make the noise louder.