• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dynacord

Rear Brake Proportioning Valve

dynacord

hi there,

I've read the big thread for the uprated front brakes and so on and it appears that the best solutions is the adjustable valve for the rear brakes.

I'm with 266mm front and 1.6 rear beam with drums and a rear beam from 1.9 with discs is planned ...

I've heard for some mode with a valve from Granada but it's not confirmed :)

What's your opinion about these:

http://www.wilwood.com/pdf/ds489.pdf

http://www.wilwood.com/pdf/ds488.pdf

I was going for the second one (cheaper and it seems to be doing the same job as the first one) but I'd like to hear some opinions if you have used willwood (or not :) )

Regards, Alex

j_turnell

Depends what the car is used for but if its a normal fast road car then the 1.6 compensator is perfectly adequate, and even when you convert the rear to disks, theres still no issues with running the standard compensator.

cheers, James

dynacord

well, yes it's used on the road (and sometimes on tracks but not very often).

but as many people said there will be issues since the rear brakes will be less effective on wet or dusty tarmac ?

and just a small inquiry - as the 1.6 is using front/rear system (not diagonally as the 1.9) will be there any problem with switching the rear beam (or fixing the compensator)?

Regards, Alex

Edited by dynacord

shalmaneser
well, yes it's used on the road (and sometimes on tracks but not very often).

but as many people said there will be issues since the rear brakes will be less effective on wet or dusty tarmac ?

and just a small inquiry - as the 1.6 is using front/rear system (not diagonally as the 1.9) will be there any problem with switching the rear beam (or fixing the compensator)?

Regards, Alex

^ i presume you mean switching a 1.6 rear beam for a 1.9 or 309 rear beam?

In that case there are no issues at all, the brakes just need to be connected up as per the 1.6 system, it makes no difference whether there are drums or discs on the end of the brake pipe.

dynacord

thanks for the answers :)

helpful as always

Alex

swordfish210

I've got one of those Willwood proportioning valves in my 205 and i wouldnt reccomend it to anyone. It's a nasty bit of kit...not unlike all Willwood products.