• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Toilet Duck

Gunson Eezibleed, Any Good?

Toilet Duck

Looking for a way to bleed the brakes that doesn't include using the wife, and I saw the gunson eezibleed. It pressurises the master cylinder reservoir, using air pressure from the spare wheel, theoreticly then pushing brake fluid through the lines and out of the bleed nipple at the brakes.

But as I've never used one I'd like to know what people think about these, and more importantly do they actually work? plus will the supplied caps fit the 205 master cylinder?

tagy

Yes they do work, I have successfully used the kit before, but getting the supplied cap to seal on the 205 is a bit hit and miss. When I tried it on another 205 I just couldn't get it too seal properly.

I was thinking about getting this cap also. Anyone tried that?

Toilet Duck

The kit comes with 4 screw on caps that fit various master cylinders.

Alastairh

They work well for me. I had to re bleed my brothers x type the other week as it was being a stuburn bugger, but this made it alot less painless!

Al

Toilet Duck

Can anyone confirm that one of the supplied caps fits the 205 master cylinder?

Its just they also sell another pack of different caps, so I want to be sure

Edited by Toilet Duck

steve@cornwall

They work well, but don't make the mistake of connecting it straight to the spare wheel - more than 15 psi will give you sealing problems.

welshpug

May be an idea to get a cap from a 306 or a 406 and drill a hole in that as they'll fit more snugly than any of the supplied ones.

Toilet Duck
They work well, but don't make the mistake of connecting it straight to the spare wheel - more than 15 psi will give you sealing problems.

All ready know this, the manufacturers reccomend 20 psi max, However I also think that using a turkey baster to drain the reservoir and start with fresh fluid should speed things up as well.

May be an idea to get a cap from a 306 or a 406 and drill a hole in that as they'll fit more snugly than any of the supplied ones.

Good idea, I'll have a look out for one.

Plus it'll mean I can ger my regular runabout, and the wifes megane done as well.

hengti

you 'should' be ok with the supplied seals; it's worth being patient with them as they're really handy when set up properly

most important thing is to check you can get a good seal before filling the bottle with fluid (it's all explained in the instructions)

they minimise fluid loss as well, and especially if you use a coloured fluid like ATE Super Blue (which ECP sell for about £13/L i think)

nick

The trouble with the caps is that they are plastic and expand when under pressure. Just screw it on and then tighten a large cable tie (or even a jubilee clip) round it and it can't pop off.

Nick

j_turnell

Also used this to good effect, will have to grab that next time im round Al :lol:

philfingers

I've had my kit nearly 2o years, very useful.

BUT I use 5-10 psi that's all. I once covered the nova in brake fluid when it leaked and the 35psi blew fluid all over the car (best thing for a nova on hindsight, tho i loved that car :-) )

Also I don't ever put fluid in the eazibleed reservoir, too messy, just check the car's reservoir every once in a while and make sure it doesn't get too low.

You can also buy a bolt in car tyre valve and drill an old std cap and use a bicycle pump. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MEBDIX:IT I used one of these on my A6 expansion cap the other day to pressure the water system to find a leak, cheaper than £100 to £200 for a proper coolant pressure testing kit,

Phil

Cameron
Also I don't ever put fluid in the eazibleed reservoir, too messy,

Definitely. I tried filling the reservoir up and it just pissed it out a tiny leak between the cap and the hose. Annoying!

jackherer

I don't even have the reservoir connected anymore, my eazibleed is now just one tube from the tyre valve straight to the reservoir cap.

John_B

I bought an eezibleed and I can't get the supplied caps to fit my car, that's only using 10psi as well. Maybe some just don't fit as tagy suggested. I also got a cap from a 106 which seemed to fit a lot better but still didn't hold 10 psi. Haven't tried cable ties though.

Are the 306 and 406 caps the best fit then?

Toilet Duck

Got an eezibleed this weekend, the adaptor that goes on the tyre valve snapped in 2 as I was fitting it for the first time. Took it back to Halfrauds, and tried again.

Following the advice from forum users, I dropped the pressure in the spare tyre down to 15 psi, and just used the system with no fluid in the reservoir. Absolutely no problems with sealing the supplied caps. Bleeding made easy.

Fortunately the nipples cracked off quite easily, so I copperslipped the threads, and measured the threads for replacement stainless ones.

However I've discovered theres a thick layer of black gunk at the bottom of my reservoir, so that'll be a new mastercylinder on the shopping list then.