• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

Removing Gti Door Trims?

pablo

Any tips? need to get mine off in a hurry this evening and a bit scared of making a mess of it. Also I presume the rears come off like the fronts?

Thanks

omega

1st tip dont rush!!

i find it best to start at the bottom corner and just feel your way round

Edited by omega

pablo

do they just pop out then? or is some jigglyry pokery needed?

WooDooUK

your first step is to remove the red insert. if you look close at the stripe you will see the clips behind it. Use a small screw driver to slide these clips either forwards or back off the studs in the door.

Once that is removed the actual door trim itself should slide down, do it carefully though as the lower behind the trim are no longer available clips are no longer available.

Edited by WooDooUK

jimistdt
your first step is to remove the red insert. if you look close at the stripe you will see the clips behind it. Use a small screw driver to slide these clips either forwards or back off the studs in the door.

Once that is removed the actual door trim itself should slide down, do it carefully though as the lower behind the trim are no longer available clips are no longer available.

^Spot on. :lol:

pablo

thats them off cheers lads :lol:

just the arches to get off now!

Baz
thats them off cheers lads :ph34r:

just the arches to get off now!

Arches are the same for the straight bits basically, then on pop-through trim clips for the rest, some have star-fangled washer things behind too though.

harryskid

O yer i discovered that!

Harryskid :ph34r: