• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zebedy101

Rear Beam Shock Absorber Bolts

zebedy101

evening all.

Bit of a predicament really I'm getting everything ready to fit my new beam, I have reached a dead end though with the lower rear shock absorber bolts. They are available from Peugeot still but are on backorder for a couple more weeks grrr bad times.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get them from as I'm in pretty desperate need?

Many thanks.

Atari Boy

Have a look in my garage tomorrow night Seb, I might well have a good used set if it helps.

jimistdt

Can you not reuse the ones on the beam now?

Failing that, if you have a look on Servicebox it will tell you the bolt specs.

zebedy101

I would use the old ones again but the hassle of getting them off the old beam and shock setup is something I would rather avoid if possible and if I was to remove them and damage them then I would be stuck in a rut. I didn't realise that you could find out the bolt specs on service box thanks :)

Thanks Jonny I would be really greatfull if you have some spare.

jimistdt

5224 32

FIXING SCREW

INF DIAM 14X150-118

It list the sizes in the box to the right under the part number on servicebox, quite handy sometimes!

Edited by jimistdt

zebedy101

That's great thanks for the help jimi.

CosKev

They are a funny size though,the head of the bolt is larger than it should be on that size shaft,if that makes sense :lol:

I got some from my local bolt/fixing place,they could match the strength/thread/length etc,but the heads were smaller,so when fitted they turn in the trailing arm,and because they are countersunk you can't get a spanner/socket in there :blink:

PM jord294 off here,he had some re-plated,like new,he might have used them all now,but worth a PM ;)

Carl Chambers

got loads of spares here so not a problem:)

pablo

When I was in the same position I sourced some on ebay that had a large hex head so no issues with them being countersunk. As it happened I got some off pug in the end. Think they were £7 each odds.