• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jaggers12

Wheel Spacers?

jaggers12

hi im after fitting a set of ford wheels to my dimma, ive worked out i need 20mm spacers for the wheels to clear the struts but will this be enought to fill the arch.

thanks andy

Henry Yorke

Probably not in all honesty. 20mm is needed to get Ford wheels onto a 205 (basically about ET35 to ET15). I would be reckoning you need a few more mm to fill a Dimma arch, though it also depends on the width. 20mm would put a 7J Ford wheel to about standard 205 width. A 309 rear beam would give you some more "natural" width with less stress on the rear wheel bearings. If you car is a genuine Dimma, a few of these conversions had a 309 beam fitted at the factory.

jaggers12

hummm thanks i was hoping not to go any more then 25mm because of the bearings

wracing

if you using ford offset wheels with a dimma your going to need massive spacers!! 20mm larger than what you would need to fill the arch!

7635_140216886838_700946838_2418110_3909857_n.jpg

to give you an idea they are 8inch wide and are et0 on a 309 rear beam and thats still not quite filling the rear arch!

jaggers12

thx looks like im gonna have to do my orginal idea and get compomotive to make me 2 new

wheels

joe1joe

prob about 50mm thats what i ran for a while, and 25 on the front with et 17 wheels and 7 inch wide no problems with wheel bearings atall, same ones are stil on my car!!!

still have the spacers up for grabs, pm me if your interested!