• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
0ption2

Rear Suspension Question......

0ption2

I aquired a new toy recently; a totally standard cherry red 1.9. The rear appears to be very high and I was wondering what the ride hight should actually be as standard. It has Blistine BNE-1931 shocks on the back. Could these be affecting the ride height? Finally, does changing the rear beam mounts effect the rear ride height significantly? Any help greatfully received!

jord294
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Anthony

Some gas-pressure dampers (like Koni's) will slightly increase the rear ride height, but Bilstein's won't, and nor will the beam mounts affect things.

A picture would help to work out if it's too high at the back, or low at the front - as standard, 205 GTi's do sit quite high.

jackherer

Ride height is the least of your worries with Bilstein 1931s, they handle worse than the original Peugeot dampers!

Baz

Far too soft!

Miles

I would guess someone's stuck a base model beam on it, Again fairly common practice by Garages/Scrappies as they just don;t know

0ption2
Ride height is the least of your worries with Bilstein 1931s, they handle worse than the original Peugeot dampers!

Thanks for the responses guys. Apologies for taking so long to get photos up. I've been away with work!

This is a side profile of the car:

th_RightSide.jpg

Which doesn't look to bad to be honest. However this:

th_SNV30539.jpg

......is taken in line with the centre point of the wheel. To me it's just too high at the back.

I'm worried that lowering the rear end will mean the wheels are too close to the rear bumper.

j_turnell

Have you got a picture from the rear showing track width could be a 309 beam at standard height?

0ption2
Have you got a picture from the rear showing track width could be a 309 beam at standard height?

This is the only one I've got at the meoment. I can get more at the weekend.

th_BgL0hEgBmkKGrHqQH-EEsLcRW3WBLEWErd2.jpg

matthewm

Defiantly far too high, lowering wont be a problem as long its the correct beam - worth finding out first.