• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
locosaki

Lotus Exige Calipers

locosaki

I was having a look through some old posts and came across the Lotus caliper discussion.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet ?

Where to get the caliper brackets made to make them fit the Peugeot hub ?

What brake disc was used to suit the caliper.

Quite like the idea of this instead of the GTI6 calipers.

mxcrazy
I was having a look through some old posts and came across the Lotus caliper discussion.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet ?

Where to get the caliper brackets made to make them fit the Peugeot hub ?

What brake disc was used to suit the caliper.

Quite like the idea of this instead of the GTI6 calipers.

Theyre radially mounted so i think making up brackets would be reasonably easy, decent measurements and deciding what discs you want to use and someone with a Milling machine would do the trick. Pukka pads are plentiful and cheap-ish too.

locosaki
Theyre radially mounted so i think making up brackets would be reasonably easy, decent measurements and deciding what discs you want to use and someone with a Milling machine would do the trick. Pukka pads are plentiful and cheap-ish too.

I think the most difficult part for myself is the caliper carriers.

I was hoping someone on here would have had done this conversion before and could maybe point me in the direction of someone that would be willing to make up the carriers !!

I'm toying with the idea of a set of Gti6 discs with these calipers.

Are these ap calipers a good bit lighter than the standard GTi6 calipers ?

swordfish210

Well they're aluminum as opposed to the steel GTI6 ones so yeah. Can't give you a direct weight comparison i'm afraid but they're a fair bit lighter.

James_R

Have to use a 307 or 206 disc they take a 25mm disc not the 21mm of the 6 rotor, they're about a kilo each with pads.

Coudl try crf450 on this forum sort of thing he can do, but it's not as cheap as you'd hope. That or BG developements near silverstone do this sort of thing too. Send them wheel disc hub and caliper and they'll make it up for you.