• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

What Belt For Power Steering?

yeti-dj

hello, having a bit of a nightmare tracking down which belt i need to fit onto my power steering setup, im using the pump from a 205 Dturbo mounted onto the gearbox and driven off the rear cam pulley of the mi16.

I have searched but no luck so far!!!!

thanks

j_turnell

I believe 4569 12 is the pug part number, although thats a 'vaccum' belt, the other part number for a 'Trapez' belt is E117 302 which is also listed.

Edited by j_turnell

Miles

I know allot of people say it's fit's but it doesn't first of all

You'll find the pump has the wrong offset for the Mi16 so you really need the Mi16 Mount and pump, It can be used but not ideal

Belt wise is just the std 405 Belt,

Daviewonder

Just measure the length of the belt you need using string and go to your motor factor and tell them the size.

Belt part numbers are usually just the length of the belt. Eg Gates 6pk1120 is a 6 rib belt thats 1120 mm long :rolleyes:

j_turnell

According to service box the pumps have the same part numbers for both xud and mi16 so it must be the mounting bracket creating the differences in offset, i was wondering this myself as i have a complete stdt pas setup. Are you using the complete diesel setup Yeti?

Miles

I know the one I took off of Dreamweaver's old car was some sort of Derv one I belive, The pump and bracket where different on this as I was just going to swap the bracket over

petert

Mi16 belt is 10mm x 550. Also fits Mitsubishi Magna.

yeti-dj

hello, cheers for that.

Im sure that the setup for the pas is completely from a Dturbo, guess i will find out at the wwekend if it fits porperly or not, pants if it doesnt, haha...

thanks.