• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Fan Controller.

davemar

The heater fan in SWMBO's 205 is getting really tempramental. I've narrowed it down to the controller (next to the fan itself) or the connector into it. As when I wiggle the wires on the connector the fan comes on or goes off. So it's either a bad contact on the connector, or inside the controller. I took apart the connector with the 5 wires going into it, and they all look as good as new. The controller does look at a little ancient, the power transistor is rusty, so I'm suspecting the connector on that might be a bit iffy.

Are these controllers still available from Peugeot, or are they stupidly expensive?

I'm also pondering making one, as they are probably just a power transistor used as a current controller from the dashboard potentiometer.

Or maybe just sling a switch on it, and bypass the controller altogether!?

Baz

Heater Rheostat.

Recently gone NLA at GSF/ECP etc i believe and around £80 from Pug iirc. :ph34r:

Edited by Baz

lagonda

Mine had a small disc, bit like a watch battery, held in place by a sprung contact arm. What a bl**dy stupid way of making something. Bending the contact out the way to remove & clean the disc meant it no longer made contact on reassembly...but a bit of soldering/bodging got it all together, & it's worked perfectly ever since.

Baz
Mine had a small disc, bit like a watch battery, held in place by a sprung contact arm. What a bl**dy stupid way of making something. Bending the contact out the way to remove & clean the disc meant it no longer made contact on reassembly...but a bit of soldering/bodging got it all together, & it's worked perfectly ever since.

Yep, done that a few times and usually works as a temp fix.

You need to take the disc out, clean etc, then when you put it back together bend the arm down as much as possible in the hope it'll then be back on the disc with some pressure, and then slide the disc back in, fiddly though.