• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pacey205

Leaking Windscreen Seal

pacey205

Right my windscreen seal is leaking. It is coming in the passenger corner, down the bulkhead and soaking the sound deadening.

Its leaking in the corner just by the drain hole and coming in under the bottom of the seal.

dsc02661w.th.jpgdsc02662a.th.jpg

I need to try and seal it up to stop any more water getting in as the lake in my footwell is ever extending. Ive done a search and I know people are suggesting to get some window specific sealant but where abouts should you seal. Both upper and lower regions (between seal and bodywork/screen) inside and out or just external? Im a little bit wary in case I just displace the leak further along the seal.

Michael

pacey205

No-one got any suggestions/tips at all?

Michael

Tom Fenton

Consider buying a new seal- like most rubber components they gradually go hard over time, meaning they don't seal that well as they get old. A small amount of sealer as you fit a new rubber and job should be a good 'un.

toddydal

or just get some windscreen sealer and lift the rubber up and seal right round the rubber seal and body,wipe the excess off with spirit wipe,or if you can be assed take the window out and put a bead right round the rubber then refit screen