• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DougieF

Beam Refurb Costs?

DougieF

Hi

Can anyone give me a rough cost for the bearings (from Peugeot) required to refurb the rear beam?

There are some kits on ebay for about £80. They contain

Outer Bearings x2, Inner Bearings x2, Outer seal cup's x2, Shaft Seals x2, Off set torsion bar washer's x2, Torsion bar Torx Bolts x2, Anti roll bar plate cap's x2.

Just wondering if they are a good price?

Thanks

Dougie

welshpug

less than that, have a search, it was discussed quite recently :lol:

there's this pinned topic with all the part numbers at the top of this subforum - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

you could ring peugeot and ask.

Edited by welshpug

jimistdt

If you mean the ones for £77, then yes they will be good value, although they may be cheaper if you contact Miles directly on here.

Miles

As said, Ebay is Ebay and when you take off all the fee's which allot of people don;t see around 8%, Travel etc then the parts are a fair price from my point of view.

But normally you will need at least one Arm Shaft as well due to the bearings failing

Miles

Nope, Pug are back to normal now, GSF I've found only have the low quality ones but with them it really does depend on what's in stk

Alastairh

I spoke to GSF last week, if you requested the better type of bearings, they were happy to source them.

Al

shalmaneser

I definitely got good ones from GSF, didn't ask for anything in particular either. Probably best to check though.