• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ad205

Berlingo Brakes?

Guest Ad205

Im looking to upgrade the front brakes on my 205 1.6 i thought i heard something about the berlingo brakes being a upgrade?.

I have searched but cant find out if they are a direct swap or if they fit at all any one know?

pug_ham

All mk1 Berlingo's use the 266mm disc (either solid or vented) with one exception using the 283 discs but all mk11 Berlingos use a 283mm disc.

All listed on Brake world which are used on the 306, Xsara etc & I think share the calipers so ought to fit straight onto the 1.9 GTI or base model hubs.

I don't know of any that fit directly onto the 1.6 GTI hubs above standard size.

Graham.

Guest Ad205
All mk1 Berlingo's use the 266mm disc (either solid or vented) with one exception using the 283 discs but all mk11 Berlingos use a 283mm disc.

All listed on Brake world which are used on the 306, Xsara etc & I think share the calipers so ought to fit straight onto the 1.9 GTI or base model hubs.

I don't know of any that fit directly onto the 1.6 GTI hubs above standard size.

Graham.

Cheers thanks for that,there from a mk2 so are 283 mm dics i've got a set of 1.9 hubs sitting around spare but no drive shafts so will have to get hold of sum.

welshpug

mk2 have only been around for a year or so, there are two phases of the MK1, the offset of the disc and caliper varied, as did the type of pad used.

earlier ones share similar arrangements to the 306, later ones more like a 206.

pug_ham
mk2 have only been around for a year or so, there are two phases of the MK1, the offset of the disc and caliper varied, as did the type of pad used.

Are you sure?

We have Berlingo vans at work & the Mk1 is an R reg looking like the first picture below & the others are 53 plates (Mk2) as per the second picture.

post-71-1265051341_thumb.jpg

post-71-1265051363_thumb.jpg

Although most of the difference were cosmetic, the interior, engines etc all got upgraded & I thought the newest ones were MK3.

Graham.