• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest etimolod

Caliper Size Between 283mm And 266mm

Guest etimolod

Hi

I currently putting my 309 gti back on the road after some time been stored in the workshop. I got a set of gutmann wheels which i've want to fit on the car for ages but i couldn't due to having 283 mm disc Gti 6 brakes on the front of the car.

I'm looking to swap these brakes with some smaller ones so that i can fit the wheels over the calipers. i know some 306's had 266 mm disc brakes, does anyone know if there are any other calipers which fit 309 which is bigger than 266mm but smaller than 283mm? if not, does anyone have a set of 266mm calipers for sale?

Also, are all the mounting positions the same on the 206, 406 and 307? as this could make my search wider.

thanks

Andrew

welshpug

I'm sure I answered this very question in the last day or so :wub:

some of the later 266mm setups from a 206 Partner/Berlingo C4 etc have a taller offset disc, and hence more clearance to the caliper so they may fit.

Ask Henry Yorke as he has run Gutmann Wheels on his Turbo'd Skip with 266mm brakes.

405-6 have a different radius and offset to the mounting points so these cannot be used, 406 tend to be 283 and larger as well, 206 berlingo c4 307 etc I do believe are the same radius and offset hub/hub carrier.

Guest etimolod
I'm sure I answered this very question in the last day or so :D

some of the later 266mm setups from a 206 Partner/Berlingo C4 etc have a taller offset disc, and hence more clearance to the caliper so they may fit.

Ask Henry Yorke as he has run Gutmann Wheels on his Turbo'd Skip with 266mm brakes.

405-6 have a different radius and offset to the mounting points so these cannot be used, 406 tend to be 283 and larger as well, 206 berlingo c4 307 etc I do believe are the same radius and offset hub/hub carrier.

cheers for your help

I posted a similar question on the 309 gti forum the other day, so maybe you answered that one as well

Regards

Andrew