• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

309 Anti-roll Bar Bushes...

fatony1

What are my options for getting hold of some of these? Is there anything else i can use? Here is my subframe at the moment:

IMG_0118.JPG

As you can see i've fitted the 205 items but there is gap at the top, if all else fails, could i just keep these on?

andyjstone

I spoke to Powerflex recently and they list one - it says 22mm, but they say that it is designed for the 309 ARB and I was thinking of ordering a couple for mine and see how they fit.

They only do one type, they don't do the one to fit over the ball thingy on one side, but they say their bush will just mould around it.

Linky

Paul_13

I might give those a go aswell ^ :)

I had some poly race bushes for the 205 ARB but gave them to a mate because they didn't have the ball locator.

andyjstone
I might give those a go aswell ^ :)

I had some poly race bushes for the 205 ARB but gave them to a mate because they didn't have the ball locator.

I had a long chat with the Powerflex guy on the 'phone and he was certain they didn't need a groove around the ball, but I'm not convinced, surely this would grip the ARB too tight, but I thought I might give it a go when I get around to fitting it!

Paul_13
I had a long chat with the Powerflex guy on the 'phone and he was certain they didn't need a groove around the ball, but I'm not convinced, surely this would grip the ARB too tight, but I thought I might give it a go when I get around to fitting it!

That's b*llocks what the bloke said to you! :)

I tried fitting the polyrace ones I had (no ball locater), I was there for 2 hours trying to squeeze the clamp down to do the bolts up. Gave up in the end.

Maybe because the powerflex (says it all in the name) are so soft, they mould around the ball and then split in all directions. Then disentegrate to nothing.

woo83

I've also got concerns about these, I have some poly bushes without the grove for the ball on mine (Cant remember the make though, pretty sure they were powerflex). the side with the ball was a nightmare to get on and does grip the ARB tight on that side, I was just going to leave them on until the cars on the road and I can test them properly.

Anyone know of a polybush with the approprate groove in it or ar standard pug the only other option.

John.

welshpug

for a 205 ARB pug is the only option, they are poly anyway and pretty cheap compared to the aftermarket ones.

woo83
for a 205 ARB pug is the only option, they are poly anyway and pretty cheap compared to the aftermarket ones.

Seems like a bit of a no brainer then, I'll get some new pug ones. :)

Paul_13
Seems like a bit of a no brainer then, I'll get some new pug ones. :)

What ARB do you have? 205 ARB bushes are available new from pug, but 309 ARB bushes are discontinued....

woo83
What ARB do you have? 205 ARB bushes are available new from pug, but 309 ARB bushes are discontinued....

Mine are 205's, I was just commenting on the ball and locater issue. :)

Miles

If I could get around 25 order's for these I'm sure I could get some made up complete with all the right fittings unlike most,

I will ask about costs next week as I'm a bit flat out at the moment

Paul_13
If I could get around 25 order's for these I'm sure I could get some made up complete with all the right fittings unlike most,

I will ask about costs next week as I'm a bit flat out at the moment

I'd be up for a set :unsure:

You should start a group buy when you get more info....

Rich_p

Yes to a set of 309 ones miles.

I found a place willing to make them but there was a 5000 minimum buy :unsure:

Anthony

If it's any help, I know I've got a single 309 GTi ARB bush brand new, still in a sealed bag from Peugeot somewhere.

I'm never likely to use it, so if it's of any use to you then you're welcome to it - won't totally solve your dilemma, but you'll be halfway there :unsure:

205Rallee

Miles,

If you get around to it I'll have a set of 309 arb bushes!

andyjstone

I'll have a set of 309 ones as well Miles, if you can get them done.

SurGie

Plus +1 :lol:

andyjstone
Plus +1 :ph34r:

Is that 2 then???

fatony1

I'd have a set if you can get them done Miles.

Will the 205 ones be OK to use for a while (even with the gap at the top) ??

pug_ham
I spoke to Powerflex recently and they list one - it says 22mm, but they say that it is designed for the 309 ARB and I was thinking of ordering a couple for mine and see how they fit.

They only do one type, they don't do the one to fit over the ball thingy on one side, but they say their bush will just mould around it.

I think the biggest problem there is that the 309 GTI ARB is only 21mm so clearly they aren't right.

I manged to get a set from Dean @ www.peugeot-parts.co.uk a couple of years ago but don't know if he can still get them or has any left.

IIRC other people have tried him since but he no longer can get them. :ph34r:

Graham.

andyjstone
I think the biggest problem there is that the 309 GTI ARB is only 21mm so clearly they aren't right.

There seems to be some confusion though over what size they actually are. The Powerflex ones are definitely for a 309 GTI, but I was told that the 309 GTI ARB was 21mm OD, but the one I have measures with a Vernier at about 21.4mm. I raised this with the Powerflex guy and he said the one they list as 22mm is the right one!!

pug_ham
There seems to be some confusion though over what size they actually are.

Personally I'd take the size as listed on Service box / parts cd as correct & that says 21mm.

5081 58NFP 01F/ANTI-ROLL BARDIAM 21

Graham.

BusEngineer

I'll have a set of 309 ones Miles if it goes ahead <_<

fatony1

So the options are:

Find another brand new 309 one to match the single bush Anthony offered (thanks :wub: )

Powerflex, even though they are crap

Wait for Miles to make some :)

Nothing else on the market that will fit?

andyjstone
So the options are:

Find another brand new 309 one to match the single bush Anthony offered (thanks :wub: )

Powerflex, even though they are crap

Wait for Miles to make some :)

Nothing else on the market that will fit?

I was looking around at the end of last year and above were the only options that I could find and I emailed everyone I could think of!

Luckily the 309 ARB I got from Baz has decent bushes on it (thanks Baz), but I would still liked to have put new ones on, just so I know they are done.

Edited by andyjstone