• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave G

Front Shocks

Dave G

are the 205 1.8d front shocks the same as a 205 1.1? both of the same year, both non power steering and both manual without abs etc.

gerallt_p

someone may prove me wrong here but i fitted a set of diesel springs to front of my xs with no problem, only thing is that the front of the car sits higher off the ground now(not a bad thing for road rallies ;) ) , does not exactly answer your question but may help :unsure:

Dave G

got a daily work hack (1.1 and it rolls terrible and my diesel used to handle great for what it was so was thinkig along the lines fo trying tese as they are just sat there but reall i tink i need a anti roll bar from a diesel or similar.

Paul_13

Front ARB on a diesel is the same as a GTi I believe, I had one off a STDT recently and it looked the same as a GTi item (thickness wise)

The diesel springs will be a higher spring rate compared to base model springs, due to the heavier diesel engine.

pug_ham
Front ARB on a diesel is the same as a GTi I believe, I had one off a STDT recently and it looked the same as a GTi item (thickness wise)

The diesel springs will be a higher spring rate compared to base model springs, due to the heavier diesel engine.

The diesel arb has the same front wishbone & arb set up as the base model, the STDT shares its front subframe & arb with the GTI so the base model diesel will be different, same as the XS.

As said, they'll fit but the shocks will be differently valved imo & springs a higher rate that'll make the car sit higher.

Graham.