• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lan

Dash Clocks, Anyone Good At Repairs?

Lan

I have a set of citroen BX clocks unfortunately the rev counter works incorrectly it just flickers around not giving any idea of the engine speed, does anyone know how to fix this or is it just useless now?

Henry Yorke

They are electrically driven so it could just be a wiring issue between the coil (I think) and the counter. You could test by applying a direct voltage to the rev counter to see if the needle goes to the top

pug_ham

What BX did the clocks come out of?

You might've hit lucky (or unlucky in yourr case) & got a set from a late BX 8v with the MP3.1 ecu because the clocks won't work with a standard signal.

Also some of the BX clocks I've seen have had a different rev counter plug pin layout so you might be missing a connection in your car.

Graham.

Lan

coil is new, the dash that is currently in the car (ugly jaeger thing with a rubbish speedo) has a working rev counter

they came out of a mi16 bx, not sure which ecu though, I worked out the pin layout aswell I had to switch the tan wire with the blue one.

pug_ham
they came out of a mi16 bx, not sure which ecu though, I worked out the pin layout aswell I had to switch the tan wire with the blue one.

An Mi16 BX will be either ML4.1 or M1.3 which uses the same signal as the standard 205 rev counter so if the wiring is all correct it should work just the same.

Graham.