• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

205 T16 Wheels

Henry Yorke

Browsing about the net I found this old post on a VW site : http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101668

Its seems that there was a lot of T16 wheels sold off at a Beaulieu autojumble a few years back. Has anyone seen them surface since?

10092006.jpg

10092006001.jpg

The top ones look like an SL434 style. Were these metric or imperial? I know they did both with the pepperpots tending to be metric. I have also seen later "fan" wheels on Evo2 cars. What else was there that was used by the works teams?

Redtop

The top sl434 type wheels were made in metric and imperial [16'']. How many of either were made I don't know. The rears were around 10' wide or so but tyres are extremely hard to find for them. Fronts are 8' iirc. Those look like the covers for the fan wheels just below pic 1. The pepperpots in it are gravel ones because of the strengtheing rib on them and the other pic they are tarmac pepperpots. Its hard to tell if the gearbox is a 5 or a 6 speed but it looks like only a single scavage pump on it. Maybe a 5 then or just used in rallycross without rear diff scavage?

Haven't seen any of that stuff for sale recently though.

Henry Yorke

Yes the fans were there as well

10092006003.jpg

I had never noticed that strengthening before. So you can get the following:

Metric Pepperpot Gravel & Tarmac

Imperial SL434 type

Imperial Fan type

I am guessing metric and imperial snow wheels too for Sweden

3393999569_69d6e17dcb.jpg

EdCherry

If you find some henry contact me first :angry:

Henry Yorke

SL434 type - Evo1 gravel?

t16evo2.jpg

3243273045_ba1af56a87.jpg

Fan Type (same as these but I cannot find a good pic. One of the T16s at Socheux has them on)

Peugeot_405_T16_Pikes_Peak.jpg