• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tom_xl

Fitting Gti Bumpers On A Non-gti

tom_xl

I have searched for info on this but can't really find what I'm looking for. I have just bought a 205 xl I want to restore and tune up, and I wanted to know what is involved with taking off the original bumpers and fitting gti ones? Also if anyone has any other good ideas on how to make this a better car let me know! Thanks

allye

If you just want to have the front and rear bumpers of a gti and not the body kit then you may as well just spray the bumper insert on yours red, as gti bumpers have places to attach ther body kit at either end and would look rather unsightly! If your going for the full body kit then you will either need to drill lots of holes (invitation for rust) or glue it on.

I think the XL is a 1L or 1.1L? If your looking for larger power gains then dropping in a 1360 TU will be a good start or if your don't want to change the the engine a twin choke solex (plus the manifold) of a gt, xs, xt or rallye will give you some power gains. but realistly your never going to see a large amount of power from a 1.1 (if that is what the xl is)

Ali

DaveW

You can just change the valances no need to take the bumpers off :rolleyes:

tom_xl

thanks for that. yea it's a 1.1 so eventually i do want a different engine, probably a 1.4. from what i've heard its pretty pointless trying to tune the 1.1. i will go buy a front and rear valence and paint my bumpers

boldy205

Defo a good idea to put a TU3S in, i miss my XS soo much!