• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Brake Ducting

boldy205

Just wondering what people have used for ducting air to brakes? Catalogues want silly money for the ducts, in guessing use vaccum etc for the actual hose.

many thanks

Matt

Tom Fenton

Merlin motorsport do a vent that fits nicely with some mods in the fog light apertures of a 205 GTI bumper. You'll find there isn't really space for duct work.

swordfish210

Theres some pics of the ducts i used in my blog. I got everything i needed from Merlin Motorsport

boldy205

ok ta, just wondering if theres a cheaper option, i have looked at home/hardware stores for something, as Merlin want 10-15 quid each, then pipework on top.

Henry Yorke

I think you would pay nearly that for plastic drainpipe ends so they are not bad value. The only other way is to just take the driving lights our and cut a hole in the back and then tie wrap the flexible hose onto it. Possibly fit a 205/106 Rallye grille over the top but these will cost you more than £15 a side even second hand.

Alternatively get the hose to tie wrap onto the corners of the grille in the lower valance and snake their way round to the brakes

You could make some ducts that bracket onto the bottom of the inner wing and suck the fast flowing air from under the car up to the discs. These could be fashioned out of metal.

I'm not actually convinced that you will notice a huge benefit from ducting air in and the money would be better spent on discs and pads for the track. For the road I think it is even less necessary. To be truely effective, there needs to be a surround on the hub a bit like you see on F1 cars

Tom Fenton
I'm not actually convinced that you will notice a huge benefit from ducting air in and the money would be better spent on discs and pads for the track. For the road I think it is even less necessary. To be truely effective, there needs to be a surround on the hub a bit like you see on F1 cars

I've done this mod, it does seem to work, to the point that we now run a colder pad compound on the track car than we could before. This saves ££ every time it needs new pads!

EdCherry

Might wanna block the ducts up in the wet though, keep the water off the assembly.

boldy205

Ok thanks, i have already got 266mm setup with yellow stuff pads and grooved disks.

Will have a look on the web, see what i can find

Many thanks

matt

sonofsam

Didnt Xsport racing used to do brake ducts that fitted 205 driving light apertures?

swordfish210

They do, i however was less than imperessed. If only they were as good as their bonnet skins