• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Tracking Results Sheet

lemmingzappa

I just got my tracking sorted and I was just wondering if this all looks ok to you ?

Apparently their tracking machine setup is some futuristic geo-neo ninja stuff.

scan0001dwj.th.jpg

Apparently they couldn't find a profile for a 1991 1.6 GTi, so they had to use 84-88. Don't know if this makes any difference ?

Edited by lemmingzappa

mogsman

The Haynes joke book states "All models from 1988 onward 1.0 +/- 0.5 toe-in" if thats any help. Your results sheet is very concise.

Ian

Anthony

Only two things that jump out is that you've slight positive camber on one of the front wheels, and that the beam geometry is a bit on the wonk - they're never quite equal side to side, but yours does look more out than usual and enough that I'd expect the car to handle differently between turning left and turning right.

All assuming, of course, that the data is accurate - the machine is only only as good as the monkey operating it after all.

jimistdt

How did he go about changing the 'half-toe' settings on the rear?

I can't see how he can have changed any of the rear settings?

How much did the service cost you?

Looks better than it was, but surely they can only change the front toe settings ?

Paul_13

There is a certain amount of give in the rear mounts allowing a tiny bit of play.

richsmells

Aplogies for the crap quality, but these were the settings from when my 205 was last set up.

post-6172-1264013053_thumb.jpg

Anthony

They won't have changed, but rather down to the accuracy of the setup or the gauges moving fractionally between the two measurements.

lemmingzappa
Only two things that jump out is that you've slight positive camber on one of the front wheels, and that the beam geometry is a bit on the wonk - they're never quite equal side to side, but yours does look more out than usual and enough that I'd expect the car to handle differently between turning left and turning right.

All assuming, of course, that the data is accurate - the machine is only only as good as the monkey operating it after all.

This is possibly due to the accident I had in the ice and ended up smashing the front wheels directly into a curb. If I were to change to a coilover setup in the future would this camber issue at the front dissapear ?

And I'm pretty sure the rear beam needs a rebuild so i'll have to wait until I can afford a 309 jobbie :ph34r: (or could it be an issue with the rear spacers i'm running ?).

miamichris

How much did the service cost you?

Looks better than it was, but surely they can only change the front toe settings ?

^^ these were the exact same questions i was going to ask Jimi!

Didn't think there was any adjustment in the rear beam.

lemmingzappa
^^ these were the exact same questions i was going to ask Jimi!

Didn't think there was any adjustment in the rear beam.

They won't have changed, but rather down to the accuracy of the setup or the gauges moving fractionally between the two measurements.

miamichris

seen that answer after I posted that reply :) so how much was the sevice mr lemmingzappa?

lemmingzappa

Sorry I forgot to mention it was £29 in total. I also got him to pump up the tyres :)

littlelise

LAZY!

welshpug
Sorry I forgot to mention it was £29 in total. I also got him to pump up the tyres :lol:

they should have been checked anyway as any big differences can cause the geometry to seem incorrect.