• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

Harness Bar Material Question

skinner2k3

I want to add a horizontal harness bar to my Safety Devices C12 Cage.

From what I remember the MSA blue book specifies the material/s and gauge for the main hoop but not for other bars such as a harness bar.

The C12 cage rear legs and diagonal are 40mm which I am struggling to find, so I am going to go with 38mm.

My material options range between 38mmx2.5mm CDS from Merlin Motorsport at Combe which comes in at £17.50/m. Or the steel supplier we use at work who can supply 38.1mmx1.5mm ERW at £4.94/m.

I know ERW has fallen out of favour for full cages but would it be suitable for a harness bar?

welshpug

what's the cage made from?

Tom Fenton

Do it once, do it right. CDS would be my choice, for not a huge amount more cash.

SPGTi

here is a link to this years blue book. BLUE BOOK ONLINE have a read through, then decide. It also has adverts for companies stocking the approved tube. section K - competitors safety)

Steve

skinner2k3

As far as I know its CDS.

Fair point, whats £15 in the long run? Although it was more about 'who' than how much!

Cheers Steve, I will have a look over that. I think I may have found another stockist not too far away and cheaper than Merlin. So will go for that.

Ben