• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammson

Bigger Brakes.

cammson

Just a question about changing brakes, i have an old 306 xsi which was given to me for spares for another car. What it does have on it tho is Drilled/Grooved/Vented Discs and brand new pads. was wondering if it is possible just to change these discs pads and also the calipers straight onto my 205?

Any info would be appreciated?

Cheers, Stuart.

j_turnell

I would imagine that would be the 266mm setup, so if you are running 1.9 hubs then the disks and calipers bolt straight on :rolleyes:

cammson

cheers bud... will try get at em sometime this week so will update as i learn...

shalmaneser
cheers bud... will try get at em sometime this week so will update as i learn...

bear in mind you will need longer hoses too, otherwise it all gets a bit sketchy at full lock (MOT fail too). Don't know if the 306 ones are long enough? Miles does some excellent (longer) braided replacements.

C_W

I think for the 266mm brakes you'll be fine with the standard hoses, it's only 9mm different.