• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

Seat Lowering - Any Handy Hints

skinner2k3

I know this has been covered before to some extent....and I have found many usefull pictures of the finished job.

I have removed all the original seat mounting metalwork (what a bitch of a job that is) so next up is chopping the tunnel to take the angle steel.

Are there any tricks of the trade which will would be usefull to know before I fire up the grinder?

Cheers

Ben

will.m

Use seat rollers from a 5 door, ive got that on the drivers side, that way i also dont have to get out when people want to get in the back :angry:

But yeah, 5 door seat rollers are lower because they dont have all the lifty foldy mechanism

Hope this helps

Baz

Not really.

And no tricks of the trade so to speak, measure twice, cut once?

It's fairly straight forward, but keep an eye how far into the tunnel you go, as the centre box needs to sit somewhere! (And they're fecking annoying when they rub all the time...! :angry:)

I presume if you've seen the previous topics then you'll be using spreader plates at each end of the tubes/angle that you're using to make the new mounts from. Other than that, i can't think of much else!

skinner2k3

Thanks Will but tilt/slide and access to the back seats is not really a factor for me. Its caged and stripped. I am fitting side mounted bucket seats and want to do it the proper way as the std seat mounts have been known to rip off.

Baz, Cheers I thought I would ask before I did it just in case there was a trick to it. Deffinately will be adding load spreading plates. I realised just how thin the shell is drilling out the spot welds.

It doesnt look like I will need to cut too much into the tunnel. I can get the seat bolted to its side mounts in and its not wildly off center. I may cut just behind the two M8 threads to leave as much tunnel as possible.

Now wheres that grinder :angry: