• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
splant

1.9 Caliper Brake Hose

splant

everywhere ive found that stock them,,[not many places] they all seem to lomg well longer than the original as anybody had trouble with them it looks very close to the wheel and the arch it does have a protective spring like the one over the tube though ,, bit worried as ive a fussy mot er..

jord294

i've never come across front brake hoses with a spring on. only the rear hose which wraps around the beam

iirc front brake hose is roughly 410mm long with a rubber bush type thing which locates in the strut

splant

the rear hose to the rear caliper im on about its mormally about 6 inches long but all the replacements are quite a bit longer ,in the parts book it says to caliper.......... the beam one says from supply so got the right one , let you know if the mot er doesnt approve , should have gone main dealer suppose

Miles

I've seen those on a couple of car's, Dangerious is one word that springs to mind as I've seen one rub thru and my customer left with no Brakes, Give GSF a try as they might have them

jord294

why did i think you were talking about the front hose :rolleyes:

splant

seems like the abs model has shorter flexes to the caliper so that must be what mine needs even though mine doesnt have abs bet the shop wont swap now ive put the longer one on even though i told him it was longer as soon as i saw it do the abs have different calipers or hose mounts ,,, jeeeeesus how bloody complicated can this car get still got to weld some catalyst into my exhaust system yet 1 day left off work to do that arghhhhhhh

jord294

rear hoses are of two lengths

the hose that usually has the spring should be about 250mm long, and the shorter one which actually fastens into the caliper, should be about 150mm long.

both can be seen quite clearly

miami002-2.jpg

splant

thats the one i want all the shops around stoke only have longer ones with spring protector on it fits but loops vey close to the wheel its not the same connectors as the one over the beam so theyre not getting it mixed up with that 1 is yours an abs model

jord294

non abs car.

i have had quite a few from my local motor factors. never had different lengths :rolleyes: