• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EnglishRob

Headlights

EnglishRob

Hi folks,

First of all, happy new year everyone, it's been a while since I popped into the forums, it's been a manic few months for me and I've finally started a new job which is great, but it means I need to get the 205 sorted out and back on the road (it's only been oh about 15 months since I had the lamp post incident) :-)

Anyway, one of the problems I have is a lack of headlights, or should I say, I have headlights but they are missing a plastic clip. You'll have to bear with me because I'm not entirely sure what it is I need. The guy who's been putting my 205 back together said that there is a plastic clip which holds the headlights in which is broken so they won't stay in, or something along those lines.

Now we've tried local scrap yards and no one seems to have 205 headlights locally (saying that I don't see many 205's about these days in Torquay, possibly the odd 1.9 GTI occasionally).

I also had a look on eBay but the prices of second hand headlights seemed to be around the £25 mark on buy it now, plus postage.

Now I've had at look at GSF's web site and also Euro Car Parts and found this for just under £27. It says it is complete.

Now I wondered if this might possibly include all the clips and things that I would need to attach it to the car?

Sorry if it's a bit vague, it's been a while since the guy who was working on my car last did anything and I being dark in the garage I can't get in there until Saturday to take any pictures or have a further look.

I'm just a bit desperate to get the car back on the road now, getting up and 6am and getting the bus isn't fun (3 hours a day travelling when it should in theory only be about an hour and a half, that is unless we get a bit of snow on Haldon).

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Rob

toddydal

yeh it should come with the light,it snaps onto the headlight ajuster

toddydal

or do you mean the headlight adjuster itself?

EnglishRob

Is the headlight adjuster the bit that is fixed to the car?

I'm trying to picture it now. I think the headlight adjuster was okay on the car, if it isn't though are they available separately?

In the mean time I've sent a message to the guy who was doing the work to see if he can remember exactly what it was (might be easier if I can get him to sign up to the forums!)

Rob

Pugleyrich

the adjuster is bolted on, easy to replace. they are connected to the headlight with a bit of metal that has a ball joint on the end, which is connected to a bit of plastic on the side of the headlight, which may be the bit that is broken?

toddydal

yeh and if thats broken it comes with the lamp