• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zebedy101

Brake Lines

zebedy101

Evening all

I have searched for this info but i cant seem to find the information im looking for, so sorry if its been covered before.

Right i am swapping my rear beam from drum brakes to disks but I am keeping the single compensator system that the 1.6 uses. What i am wondering is will the existing braided rear flexi hoses that go round the beam fit into the splitter bracket on the underside of the beam?

I thought i had it all worked out how to do it in my head, but someone today said that the flexis will not fit?

Any help is very much apreciated.

Many thanks. Seb

Edited by zebedy101

Tom Fenton

You can re use your flexis, you will need to make some new solid pipes to go from the flexi along the trailing arm to the calipers though.

zebedy101

Cheers Tom.

How will the new copper lines need to sit/run?

On the new beam it still has all the brake pipes connected up from the calipers to where it meets the flexis is it not possible to just connect it all up how it is?

Sorry for all the questions but an ex pug tech that i work with insists that it will not work and there will be a problem with the male/female ends?

many thanks seb

pug_ham

Like Tom says, the flexi's from the 1.6 around the beam are fine, the only thing to consider is if you fit a braided kit you'll need a 1.6 kit because the T piece needs a male end to fit into it & not the female fouind on the 1.9 hoses.

The copper brake lines can run around / along the trailing arm just like they do on the drum beam, you don't strictly need the flexi to the rear caliper because they don't move that much & even Pug stopped fitting flexi's on the 106/ 306 etc & I've done this (along with others) on my 205.

Graham.

zebedy101

Thanks graham, I think I have it worked out now just about. Does anyone have a picture to hand on how the lines sit afterwards?

Many thanks seb.

pug_ham

This Topic has some pictures by jord294 which should help.

Graham.