• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
splant

Rear Shocks

splant

hi when renewing the rear shocks haynes says summat about measuring bolt to bolt before tightening them up ,,,,, but what measurement should be used when the cars been lowered , will this be lesser ? also me cars failed on a rear brake hose been rubbbed on something will this be the smaller hose that only 1.9s have wanted to buy it before getting underneath and dirty

welshpug

lower it onto the ground, bounce the back a few times then tighten them up :o

pug_ham

As above, tbh I've never used the Haynes method & all the beams I've built have been fine, albeit lowered slightly at least until the car sat right.

Which hose does the failure sheet mention?

Graham.

splant

just says nearside rear so i,ll have to get under i cant seeit being the ones over the axle as they have a spring protector on them he says its down to the cord so gawd knows what its been rubbing on ?

pug_ham
just says nearside rear so i,ll have to get under i cant seeit being the ones over the axle as they have a spring protector on them he says its down to the cord so gawd knows what its been rubbing on ?

True about the spring.

I'd guess its the one to the rear caliper, if not routed correctly it can rub against the inner wing as the suspension moves the radius arm.

Graham.