• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Colway Tyre Pressures,

sam jfm

Has anyone got any tyre pressures for the FORMULA 2 and the INTERMEDIATE tyres...? i dont need opinions on them i just need starting pressures and optimum pressures. I would work them out for myself but i dont have the time before my first event.

EdCherry

Contact Colway, most manufacturers will give you rough ideas of optimum hot pressures.

sam jfm

i did a google search for them but they dont have a website and i cant find a phone number

PaulJLLD
i did a google search for them but they dont have a website and i cant find a phone number

Im sure colways are no longer made.

SPGTi

Colway went bust about 18 months ago.

Tyre pressures will depend on tempeature, driving style, compound etc. I would start of at about 28 in the front, 30 in the back and then check again after practice / first stage whatever in combination with checking what the actual tyre temp is across the tyre, then adjust accordingly.

Steve

tdr_1976

Colway have ceased trading.

I found that out a couple of months ago whilst I was looking for Road Plus tyres for my car.

Chris H

I used to run about 28 psi al round when i ran Colways. You could maybe try 26 to get a bit more heat in the front as the sidewalls are very stiff so you don't need such high pressure as you would a soft sidewall tyre.

Craigb

I used to run 26 in the front and 24 in the back

philfingers

I'd go with 26/24 too. That's what I run for road rallies, backs will come up to about 30 and the rears to about 26 once you get some heat in them

Phil

welshpug

That's about what we set the AO48's to as well.

mikeyd

think you can still get them from spondon tyres in derby[they are now made in poland and branded as colway]maxsport recommend manufacturers standard pressures as a start iirc but will go up by 6/7 psi on a 5 mile stage!!!maxsport/colway are both remould and similar tread/compound variations

hope this helps

harryskid

They are right Colway have gone. :P

sam jfm

Are we talking forumulas or the inters with those pressures chaps? and do you have a hot pressure?

Chris H

Doesn't make much difference on pressure between the F2's and inters....they are both as bad as eachother ;)

As for hot temp, you'll be lucky to get much temp in to them, unless you have big power of lots of high speed corners. Would aim for something like 32psi hot

Personally i wouldn't bother with the inters.....don't really work that well in the wet and not really any better than the f2 in the damp!...on the jersey rally years ago...i did a stage on colway inters and was very hard to get any grip.....put my colway winter road tyres on and took a minuite off my time on the second run through the same stage. After that experience i left the inters at home and bought a set of avon zv1 road tyres....allmost worked as well in the wet as a proper wet competiton tyre and cheaper than the colway!

The f2's are ok for dry stuff....used my set for about 10 events and still looked like new! I delaminated a couple ofyears back testing at blyton but the other 3 are still on rims for emergency use only!......trouble is i've gone on to "proper" tryesand there is no way you can take that step back once you've seen how good the other brands are (obviously at a price premium)