• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TOYBOY

309 Diesel Calipers(girling)

TOYBOY

Anyone know if the 309 diesel girling calipers are the same as 1.9 205 girling calipers? Trying to find some that will fit my 1.6 hubs.

Anthony

No they're not, assuming you mean that ones fitted to 309 non-turbo diesels.

They're non-vented disks for a start, and if memory serves me right, it's a completely different style of caliper as well.

TOYBOY

Your right as re. non-vented discs. Just had a look on Miamistu's parts catalogue on here(should have looked before posting topic :rolleyes: ) and it appears that as long as the 309 has vented discs the parts numbers are the same. Will keep on looking. Thanks

Miles

If you want some callipers for your 1.6 hub's I can get you some, You'll be looking at allot of money so cheaper to convert to 1.9 one's

Anthony

Depends what he's after though, doesn't it Miles?

After all, with 1.6 hubs, so long as you use 1.6 disks, you can run just about any caliper designed for 247mm vented disks - be it 1.6 GTi (Bendix), 1.9 GTi (Girling) or ATE/Treves setup from various 106/306's etc.

It's only if you want to run bigger brakes that things get a bit complicated and expensive with 1.6 hubs.

TOYBOY

Looking to upgrade to preferably 1.9Gti calipers as in the near future i will be fitting a Gti6 engine. After a lot of searching on here it would appear that the GTI6 calipers are no better than standard(with decent pads), add in the extra weight and they are just not worth the hassle.

Tom Fenton

I've a couple of sets of 1900 GTI calipers if you need some. £25/pair plus post.

TOYBOY
I've a couple of sets of 1900 GTI calipers if you need some. £25/pair plus post.

Sounds good to me. Do you have the bolts to go with them? PM your PAYPAL and total price inc. postage. Thanks Kev.