• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andyjstone

Brake Mc Level Sensor Connector

andyjstone

I recently put a nice shiny new 406 MC on the 205 and thought I'd add a nice shiny new reservoir.

But this has a different connector for the fluid level sensor and finally got one from the scrappy this week and fitted it on.

However, the original wires were one green and the other green with nice yellow spots. The 406 one has one green and the other brown - does it matter which way around these go, I am assuming that there is just a basic microswitch and float inside, but is it anything more complicated?

I could drain some fluid and see what happens, but it's cold in the garage and I'm a lazy bastard ;)

Ryan

It shouldn't matter.

Like you say, it's just a basic switch inside the level sensor.

lagonda

Yes, just a basic switch so no polarity issues. You should be able to check by pressing the tiny button sticking out the middle of the cap (assuming same design) & the warning light should come on. I say should....mine doesn't, but it does work if fluid is actually low. OOOO ERRR.