• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Which Place For These Washers.

woodsy

Hi guys , iam just in middle of refitting my powdercoated subframe and painted suspension parts etc.Basically i have replaced all the nuts and bolts but

was wondering about the wishbone bolts where they bolt to subframe do they have the washers on the nut side or the bolt head side as cant bloody remember.Thanks

Baz

Pretty sure they haven't no.

Jamal

Mine has got washers both side.

welshpug

servicebox says yes :lol:

Tom Fenton

I think yes, the wishbone kit with the new bolts comes with enough washers for both sides both bolts.

Baz
:lol: Proves my short-term memory's shot!! :lol:

jord294

probably doesn't make a difference, but one side of the bolt has flexi washer and the other side a thicker flat washer

woodsy

Thanks guys put some washers either side.I will get some pics up of my refreshed front end, dont want to get it dirty now.

Has anyone bought a new set of these wishbone bolts/nuts/washers recently? I tried to get them through my local Pug dealer back in the summer and they weren't able to get them - so they said. I checked a few months ago and they were still "on order"...

lagonda

If you have only one washer, fit it next to the nut....this is how they are on my car and as far as I know is best engineering practice, other than washers both ends.

Alastairh

Don't they come with the wishbone bush kit for 17 quid? So maybe worth trying with that part number! If so, i need to order some myself!

Al

jord294
Has anyone bought a new set of these wishbone bolts/nuts/washers recently? I tried to get them through my local Pug dealer back in the summer and they weren't able to get them - so they said. I checked a few months ago and they were still "on order"...

luckily i purchashed quite a few before they became NLA. i know the rear top shocker bolts are another bolt which is NLA

i've got a few good condition bolts and washers which i'll be hanging onto, and just need cleaning up and re-plating

welshpug

just use the 306 top damper bolt instead then Jord, its pretty much identical, as are a hell of a lot of bolts, most of them are cheaper too.

like front 1.9 caliper bolts, same size as one off a 306 that's 99p instead of £4 odd.

pug_ham

The wishbone bush kit is showing as still availble on service box, 3599 07 £23.71.

Just rung my local Pug parts & ordered one, should be in by next week.

Graham.

The wishbone bush kit is showing as still availble on service box, 3599 07 £23.71.

Just rung my local Pug parts & ordered one, should be in by next week.

Graham.

I take it it's one kit per wishbone?

jord294
just use the 306 top damper bolt instead then Jord, its pretty much identical

i'm not short of top shocker bolts mei.

with buying and stripping cars i've got a all i need

stutto

The kit does both sides.

The last one I bought had some screws where my previous one had bolts - which I was not happy about.

pug_ham

No, as said above, that's a kit for both wishbones with new nuts & bolts.

Mine was in on Saturday but I wasn't so I picked it up today, £21.81. :ph34r:

Graham.

Alastairh
£21.81. :lol:

Ba***rd. I ordered the same set last night and it came to 24 quid :ph34r: . I shall be having words...

pug_ham
Ba***rd. I ordered the same set last night and it came to 24 quid :o . I shall be having words...

Mates rates... :)

Service box said it was over £24 when I checked the part number last week though.

Graham.