• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart1298

Citroen Xm Turbo Brakes On A 205 Gti

stuart1298

I'm thinking of fitting my xm brakes on to my 205,

i know the discs are different,

the xm has a 5 stud patten,

i've looked in to this and found the discs i need, they are identical in every way, except the other discs i have tracked down are a 4 stud pattern, so thats the discs sorted,

pads are gonna be the standard xm pads,

But i'm not sure if the carrier bolt holes will line up, any one ever tried it?

or is it gonna be a case of trial and error

cheers

Stu

Miles

Impossible unless you change all the seals if you can find any that is

stuart1298
Impossible unless you change all the seals if you can find any that is

What seals would need to be changed?

Anthony
What seals would need to be changed?

All the fluid seals on the calipers - you can't use calipers with seals for LHM fluid (XMs and Xantias) with conventional brake fluid.

You'd be much better just going down the normal straightforward route of 306 XSi (266mm), 306 GTi-6 (283mm) or 307 HDi/XSi (283mm) that are a straight swap onto all but 1.6 hubs IMO

stuart1298

I've been thinking of useing the XM brakes as i have them, and i have have to do is buy a set of discs, i'll have change of £20 for the pair with my staff discount,

As with regard to the seals, i have no problem striping down the callipers, but where would i go about buying the seals, can i buy the original ones from citroen, and as there new hope they will be ok with brake fluid and not rot on me, or will ones ffom a 406, which is where the discs are from gonna work?

jackherer
As with regard to the seals, i have no problem striping down the callipers, but where would i go about buying the seals, can i buy the original ones from citroen, and as there new hope they will be ok with brake fluid and not rot on me, or will ones ffom a 406, which is where the discs are from gonna work?

Even if you use new Citroen LHM seals with conventional brake fluid they will last about a week before they rot and your brakes fail. You will need to strip the calipers, measure the seals and you may get lucky and cross reference them to another caliper. You might even find some given where you work but it still seems like a lot of effort for nothing. If I was you I would just fit some good quality pads to standard 205 calipers as there is no need to upgrade them IMO.