• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Spare Wheel Strap Installation

Atari Boy

I have a TRS adjustable spare wheel strap that I am about to fit to the boot floor of my 205 and relocate the spare wheel.

Does anyone have any tips for fitting or is it just a case of drilling three holes in the floor and bolting down or are there any areas to look out for such as the fuel tank getting in the way or are backing plates a good idea?

Tips and advice welcome please chaps.

boldy205

never fitted one, but am currently thinking about it. The petrol tank is under the rear seat well, and as the metal is very thin on the boot floor i would plate it, unless you can get a fixing into the rear 'chassis rail' type things that run from front to back in the boot floor(think thats correct from memory)

SPGTi

Check where you are drilling as where I wanted to put the bolts was not feasible due to the box sections on the underside of the boot floor. I used large washers as load spreaders on the top and bottom.

Steve