• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RESTELL

Lower Wishbones Question

Guest RESTELL

Hi everyone, well this is my first post on here, ive recently brought my first 205 GTi 1.9 in white and i love it. I will do a resto post later showing the car and its progress.

Anyway, i need new lower wish bones as the ball joints on both are worn with tired rubber gaitors, and all bushes are knackered!

Where do you guys buy these items from? Im intending to use OEM quality parts, but do you literally ask ur local pug dealer for these, or go with aftermarket parts? Has anyone used 'Eurocarparts' or pugspares?

Any recommendations?

cheers all, looking forward to sharing more in the future.

Ross

EdCherry

You could contact Miles on here who supplies Motaquip (OEM Quality/Spec Parts) Wishbones, not that expensive, certainly alot cheaper than peugeots £200 or so a side!

Got some pictures up, always nice to see a new car to the fold.

maturin23

It tends to be the bushes that are poor quality in the GSF type 'bones. Quite a few people on here buy the cheap wishbones and an OEM bush kit and replace poor quality ones. Works out alot cheaper than full OEM wishbones.

andyjstone

It's best to use Motaquip ones and I got mine from Miles, but you can also get them from here: http://www.motaparts.com.

AFAIK these are the same as the OE ones, but a fraction of the price!