• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Pull Or Push Fan? Which Is Best

pugpete1108

i'm gonna have to get slim fan for my gti6 conversion as i have moved the rad quite a way forward and there is no way i can get the fan back on.

i was looking at a 12inch one but they can be mounted pull or push cant they.

now i have space for a pull one and would prefer this as this would give me space in future for an oil or intercooler i i decide to go for a s/charger.

has anyone fitted a pull one? and will it keep the car cool enough?

i have also been toying with the idea of a twin setup but i'm not sure if this is overkill?

Ryan

Push/pull shouldn't matter assuming both kinds are rated for the same volume of airflow, so you can fit whichever you like.

DrSarty
Push/pull shouldn't matter assuming both kinds are rated for the same volume of airflow, so you can fit whichever you like.

True.

My 2.2 has an 11" fan fitted on the inside of the rad, 'pull style', and that's deliberate because a typical, slimline aftermarket fan is DESIGNED to be a 'pull' fan. It draws air through the rad, meaning for driving the front of the rad has all of its fins exposed.

So the fan itself works fine either way, it's a case of how you fit it to allow the rad to function better under other conditions.

marksorrento205

Just make sure the thing spins in the right direction depending on if you have it as a push or pull. I have seen fans set up for push but rotating the wrong way hence doing bugger all. Swap the direction and they are bob on.

swordfish210

You will find with a pull fan that the engine will run cooler and the flow in to the rad will be better as it has no interuptions . I mounted mine as a push though because i don't have any problems with cooling, even in the largest traffic jams on the hottest days and i wanted the space in the engine bay.

Galifrey
You will find with a pull fan that the engine will run cooler and the flow in to the rad will be better as it has no interuptions . I mounted mine as a push though because i don't have any problems with cooling, even in the largest traffic jams on the hottest days and i wanted the space in the engine bay.

Pull cools better on track push cools better in traffic (when the fan is running)

I used a push fan on my car in Cyprus as the fan was running almost constantly :)

madspikes

I believe I'm running a 10" push fan on my pug, I haven't run into any issues with it!

Mad.

Arahan

I bought myself a slimline 'pull' type fan recently, havnt got round to fitting it yet though! Will give me lots of room upfront then where my fan is mounted now, so i can fit the forge intercooler im ordering soon :):)