• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

309 Wishbones

SurGie

I have searched through and iv not found any information regarding which ones are the best quality

and which ones are best to avoid for various reasons ?

Cheers..

Galifrey
I have searched through and iv not found any information regarding which ones are the best quality

and which ones are best to avoid for various reasons ?

Cheers..

Its the motaquip ones I believe, as they are PSA's parts company so as close to OEM as one can get.

SurGie

Great, where are they available from ?

What are the FAI ones like ?

Cheers

Paul_13

Speak to Miles mate he can get them, would avoid other brands. Some have sh!t BJ's and the other have crap bushes.

Motaquip is what your after.

SurGie

Ok great, i will avoid other makes and will pm Miles in due coarse, when my conversion gets ready for them.

Cheers chaps.

jimistdt

I didn't think it was possible to buy new 309 bones now? Unless they have made a new batch?

Paul_13
I didn't think it was possible to buy new 309 bones now? Unless they have made a new batch?

You could be right, my mate just bought some 1.9 gti wishbones off Miles so assumed he'd do both.

Miles

I think so as I got asked when I ordered the 205 ones

SurGie

Little confused now :)

So are the Motaquip 309 bones available or will they be in the near future, or are they a total no go ?

Also, are the O/S ones still available from Peugeot ?

Im not keen on having to buy those race expensive rose jointed extend able ones, forgot the name of them.

Baz

OE ones are the best, but silly money. Could buy a set of used ones and replace the bushes with new Pug ones. :)

Miles

If you call me tomorrow and I can find out within a few minutes,

I know the 205 wishbones are over £250.00 from Pug each, All they do is rebag the Motaquip ones so it's a expensive bag

engine killer
If you call me tomorrow and I can find out within a few minutes,

I know the 205 wishbones are over £250.00 from Pug each, All they do is rebag the Motaquip ones so it's a expensive bag

Does anyone how much will a pair of 309 wishbone and driveshaft cost nowaday?

thanks.

shalmaneser
OE ones are the best, but silly money. Could buy a set of used ones and replace the bushes with new Pug ones. :)

This is the best move IMHO, it's what i did. also replaced the ball joint boot which was damaged as well.

Dazza

I would think there available as there all over the fleebay with any manufacturer mentioned , GSF also advertise them , that said i havent called any of them to check availability.

Dont rule out the adjustable items , there are a few options out there as motorsport companies are making them now from the standard looking arm ....Not so the super expensive item to ..

Edited by Dazza

Galifrey
I would think there available as there all over the fleebay with any manufacturer mentioned , GSF also advertise them , that said i havent called any of them to check availability.

Dont rule out the adjustable items , there are a few options out there as motorsport companies are making them now from the standard looking arm ....Not so the super expensive item to ..

Miles will be selling adjustable versions soon I believe!

Dazza
Miles will be selling adjustable versions soon I believe!

Correct ... :lol: And these will do the job nicely... :lol:

pugman211

sorry to be a bit off topic, but if the BJ is quite loose to move by hand, i take it that they are buggered????

pug_ham
sorry to be a bit off topic, but if the BJ is quite loose to move by hand, i take it that they are buggered????

If its loose they are either past the best & on the way or already dead.

When they are truely dead you can feel the play in the balljoint by hand.

Graham.

welshpug

depends how loose, like Graham said if there's any play they're dead, just loose may just be broken down grease especially if a boot has split, re-pack them and see how you get on.

pugman211

well, the ones that are on the car (which has been off the road for years so not bothered about them) moveing the BJ is like the joystick on my xbox!! lol

SurGie

I forgot about this thread.

Getting some adjustable ones from Miles sounds good to me and your BJ sounds knackered.

Miles, will you be supplying these any time soon ?

Edited by SurGie