• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugrich

306 Hubs And Struts In 205 Gti 1,9 - 120 Hp

Pugrich

Hi and marry christmas to all!

What are the benefits of 306 hubs and dampers? Read several times about such a conversion!

Richard

Galifrey
Hi and marry christmas to all!

What are the benefits of 306 hubs and dampers? Read several times about such a conversion!

Richard

306 hubs are lighter I believe and the dampers are stiffer on compression to allow for the heavier body weight of the 306. The 306 struts have the AR take off points in a different position though this is not a major issue.

I may be wrong, but I sem to remember someone saying the 306 hubs have less negative camber, which may require adjustable or 309 wishbones to correct.

welshpug

306 hubs are no lighter, later 306 hubs are stronger, but do not fit as the size of the balljoint was changed from 16mm to 18mm.

The dampers are made for a heavier car so would be an upgrade over 205 dampers.

When fitted to a 205 with 205 wishbones they give less camber, unsure of the figures, but I believe they don't give any camber even with 309 wishbones.

Edited by welshpug

TOYBOY

What year did they change the balljoint size from 16mm-18mm? Reason i'm asking is i will be acquiring hubs of a 1999 reg 306 Rallye. What would be involved in fitting these to my 205 1.6, do i need 1.9 driveshafts and wishbones and what sort of cambers will i end up with?

j_turnell

I've seen a 205 with 306 hubs and it looked like it had positive camber if anything!! To fit to a 1.6 you will need 1.9 shafts yes, but personally, i'd get some 205 1.9 hubs rather than 306 items, unless your running adjustable wishbones and 309 shafts.

welshpug
What year did they change the balljoint size from 16mm-18mm? Reason i'm asking is i will be acquiring hubs of a 1999 reg 306 Rallye. What would be involved in fitting these to my 205 1.6, do i need 1.9 driveshafts and wishbones and what sort of cambers will i end up with?

roughly September 6, 1998.

so those hubs wont be of any use to you on a 205.

TOYBOY

That's fine 1.9 hubs/shafts it is. Thanks chaps.