• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Goran

205 Power Steering

Goran

To make a long storry short...

i'm fitting power steering on my non PS 205 1.9

i have the pump, pipes and everything from a citroen zx 1.9, as i can se everything is the same but the reservoir (position and shape) but i'll fit it that will not be a problem.

the only thing i don't have is a steering rack (one from 309 was sold under my nose)

the question: what other PS racks fit on 205 (except those from 205/309) if any? and are there any differences in lock 2 lock ratio... could this rack from ZX be the same as 205 ( i know it's a small chance, but maybe someone knows)

thanks guys

Baz

The ZX/306/Xsara ones aren't the same but can be used and have lesser turns lock to lock than the 205/309 ones.

The xsara VTS ones have 2.4 turns for instance.

superted
To make a long storry short...

i'm fitting power steering on my non PS 205 1.9

i have the pump, pipes and everything from a citroen zx 1.9, as i can se everything is the same but the reservoir (position and shape) but i'll fit it that will not be a problem.

the only thing i don't have is a steering rack (one from 309 was sold under my nose)

the question: what other PS racks fit on 205 (except those from 205/309) if any? and are there any differences in lock 2 lock ratio... could this rack from ZX be the same as 205 ( i know it's a small chance, but maybe someone knows)

thanks guys

I know somebody who has just broken a 1.9 H plate, this had PS and he had everything a couple of weeks ago, including the rack.

Goran
The ZX/306/Xsara ones aren't the same but can be used and have lesser turns lock to lock than the 205/309 ones.

The xsara VTS ones have 2.4 turns for instance.

since i took of the pump and everything else from that ZX it will not be a problem for me to take the rack too, since i have found really difficult to find 205/309 with PS over here in croatia... ( most 205 gti over here don't have PS, and 309 are very rare )

what is difference betwen this ZX PS rack and 205?

once more ty :)

pablo

will a 309 rack not be longer due to the wider track?

Baz

Yes, so you wind in the TRE's.

pablo

oh handy. every days a schoolday.

Goran

i guess i could try to fit 205 track rods they should be shorter than 309

but now i wait for anwser from Baz, he really caught my attention when saying that zx steering rack could be fitted

Edited by Goran

philfingers

SFAIK the 205 and 309 PAS racks are the same. certainly my 309 rack and the one fitted in my 205 are the same. The only difference is the length of the tie rods I think. Have it all written down somewhere but i'm 99.9% the racks them selves are the same