• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Sticking Brake

swordfish210

Hi, i was taking my 205 for a drive tonight and i noticed it was holding back a bit and when i pulled up to a junction and lifted off the throttle it slowed down much more rapidly than i would expect it to do. I then got it back to my house and went to pull in to my garage and the car held itself on the slope without the handbrake and it took a lot of effort to pull away from a standstill.

I felt the temperature of all the wheels and the rear right was a bit hotter than all the rest so i think it's that one sticking on. I also noticed that the brake pedal was very hard to press down, as if the servo wasn't working, although the brakes were still working fine :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

welshpug

might be sticky sliders, handbrake mechanism, or a sticky piston :rolleyes:

or a seized handbrake cable.

swordfish210

Yeah i was going to investigate all of them tomorrow, or when i get the chance. Would any of them have caused the hard pedal though?

swordfish210

Well this seems to have fixed it's self over night as i jumped in it this morning and fired it up and the pedal was fine and it moved without effort :)

Peugeots are crazy

miamichris

those are the best fixes! :lol:

For about 6 months my xs only had fast speed on the wipers and I finally got fed up with it and was going to order a new intermittent wiper relay, when I got into the car to head to peugeot they just started working fine and have done ever since!

I think the 205 sensed my anger :)