• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Suspension Setup Help?

fatony1

As some of you may have seen, im doing a GTI6 conversion and front end rebuild on my 205 (thread in projects forum). Im totally going through the front suspension and i wondered if this setup sounds good to all you guys in the know...

GTI6 engine (of course) with BakerBM GrpN mounts (if their kit fits GTI6 conversions??)

BakerBM GrpN front strut rubbers

BakerBM GrpA lower fork bush

Whiteline upper strut brace

Brand new GTI6 front struts

309 bottom arms with poly bushes

309 roll bar with OE bushes

OMP lower strut brace

Hi-tensile Ball Joint & Damper-hub Pinch Bolts from Baz on here :)

I'd also like to lower the car, only slightly as its a daily driver but i'd still like it to look hard. Can anyone recommend a good brand of lowering springs, and how much drop i should get? Will lowering springs be OK with the GTI6 shocks?

Thanks in advance :lol:

richsmells

Would make a good fast road setup. 309 front bar will make it a tad understeery though, so you'll want to beef up the rear bars too.

Eibach 7001s are the popular choice of spring. They will give around a 30mm drop, generally (by most on here at least) considered the practical optimum for a fast road 205. Again, you'll get good results from larger rear bars if you're increasing the front rate.

Edited by richsmells

Miles

A good tip is to use the 106 GTi Fork bush, Still rubber but uprated over the 205 one, Nothing wrong with the solid one but it will transmit some noise.

Top mounts all fit reguardless

Upper brace unless it's flat tube without any bends then I;d say it's not worth fitting, If you have a look at Galifey's post on hos car you will see the one I fitted and might get made soon.

309 front ARB are fine but you cannot buy new OE Bush's anymore, as said get a thicker rear ARB too, Not a welded up one thou as they can snap.

Wishbones use Motaquip ones, Good balljoints and any bush bar Powerfex one's will do the job fine

The lower brace doesn;t fit with the std GTi6 sump

Spring wise Eibach are very good £90.00 ish or Apex about half that price

fatony1

Thanks for your reply mate :) Ill hopefully be changing the rear to a 309 beam when i've had a chat with Baz this week (hes my local parts supplier it seems :D )

What sort of price are the Eibach 7001s and where can i get them from?

fatony1
A good tip is to use the 106 GTi Fork bush, Still rubber but uprated over the 205 one, Nothing wrong with the solid one but it will transmit some noise.

Top mounts all fit reguardless

Upper brace unless it's flat tube without any bends then I;d say it's not worth fitting, If you have a look at Galifey's post on hos car you will see the one I fitted and might get made soon.

309 front ARB are fine but you cannot buy new OE Bush's anymore, as said get a thicker rear ARB too, Not a welded up one thou as they can snap.

Wishbones use Motaquip ones, Good balljoints and any bush bar Powerfex one's will do the job fine

The lower brace doesn;t fit with the std GTi6 sump

Spring wise Eibach are very good £90.00 ish or Apex about half that price

Managed to get some genuine ARB bushes from ebay, result :) Had a feeling that would be the case with the lower brace :D

Will the Eibach/Apex springs all fit the GTI6 struts?

fatony1

What are peoples opinions on the GTI6 struts? Are they a good option? Also is there any aftermarket brands i should avoid?

Paul_13

EBC for brakes and Ripspeed :)