• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jstimpson

Rally Car Suspension Setup..

Guest jstimpson

Hi

I have a 1.9 205 which I use for road rallying. I have a problem with my front suspension bottoming out quite heavily occasionally on rough whites. The suspension is the same as what was fitted on the car when I got it a few years ago and I need to make some changes to make it more suitable.

I currently have modified GAZ GHA coilovers which have been rebuilt with a longer stroke and a fixed damping rate, I also have 9" 220 lb springs with the ride height at the maximum. What sort of spring height/weight would you suggest for road rallying, and should I be looking at changing the damping or the springs?

Any help would be great if you could offer some advice.

Thanks

Jonathan, Norfolk

vickiw106
Hi

I have a 1.9 205 which I use for road rallying. I have a problem with my front suspension bottoming out quite heavily occasionally on rough whites. The suspension is the same as what was fitted on the car when I got it a few years ago and I need to make some changes to make it more suitable.

I currently have modified GAZ GHA coilovers which have been rebuilt with a longer stroke and a fixed damping rate, I also have 9" 220 lb springs with the ride height at the maximum. What sort of spring height/weight would you suggest for road rallying, and should I be looking at changing the damping or the springs?

Any help would be great if you could offer some advice.

Thanks

Jonathan, Norfolk

i would go softer than 220lb it maybe that the spring are to hard for the suspension to work down the whites and in turn bouncing the car off the surface of the road.

i run 180lb spring on the front of my 205 stage rally are have done some rough events without any problems

hope this helps

Craigb

185lb 10" spring, gravel dampers . what stroke are the dampers you have ?

matt.f

Ive bought some Bilstein Challenge spec struts with forest inserts and tarmac springs which are 180lb,not yet fit to car but told these would be spot on for road rallying

Edited by matt.f

Guest jstimpson

Thank you, please let me know how you get on with these. Rallying again mid Jan and need to sort something by then.

Jonathan

Guest jstimpson
i would go softer than 220lb it maybe that the spring are to hard for the suspension to work down the whites and in turn bouncing the car off the surface of the road.

i run 180lb spring on the front of my 205 stage rally are have done some rough events without any problems

hope this helps

Thanks, what shocks do you run?...