• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nitropixie

Steering Rack

Nitropixie

Hey guys

The steering rack on the 205 feels like it is on its way out as its getting heavy. Have changed the oil and think the ram or something is on its way out. I have a 106 that'll be shortly finding its way to the scrap heap. Would the 106 steering rack fit on the 205 does anyone know please??

swordfish210

No, they're completly different.

DRTDVL

I know a few of the BMW guys use the steering racks from some nissans as they are able to fit them with a few minor modifications.

We have an abundance of jap cars here we can look at for parts. Later i'm going to look and see if we can fit without too major modifications a quicker steering rack from something like a Mirage/Colt/Evo. The standard Mirage/Colt mivec's run a 2.8 turn lock to lock rack with the rs version running a 2.6 lock to lock, and the evo 6 rs (will double check but i think it's the 6) has a 2.2 lock to lock rack. I've got a few friends with some spares here i'll be looking at later next year...