• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris H

205 With 309 Wishbones..which Track Rods To Use

Chris H

I need to change my PAS rack on my 205 as it leaks and needs a track rod end and a track rod on the other side. My car currently has 309 wichbones, shafts and 309 track rods.

I have a nice pas rack with 205 track rods which the gaiters, track rods and track rod ends are only 3 months old.

Is this set up wide enough or should i go to the known quantity that a 309 length has worked fine.

It seems the track rods are 10mm different in lenght and i'm worried the extra 10mm of thread that the track rod ends are wound out may become a weak point.

What do you use?......or have you not even though about it and just used your 205 bits?

Hope to get the new rack on tomorrow if it seems a tested solution....if not i'll have to wait and get some 309 length track rods.

Cheers

Chris

Anthony

I've used both 205 and 309 PAS racks (and thus track rods) over the years on 205 with 309 wishbones on the front, and had no problems with either :wub:

Miles

The rod ends are the same, 205,309 and 306 to name a few, It;s only the conneting arm that is a different length but the P/S and non P/S connecting arms are the same