• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Rallye Front Tyres Rubbing

allye

Put some S2 rallye 106 wheels on my Uk 205 Rallye few weeks back and yesturday put my spax shocks on, about -30mm I think and the tyres are rubbing! it was fine all day but now it has settled they rub on the outside.

Will cutting the front arches solve it? I'm getting euro rallye arches as the tyres are too wide for the standard arches so they will cover any marks from cutting them.

Cheers, Ali

GTI6BOY

mines dropped 40mm and they dont rub?

what tyre size you using?

mines dropped 40mm on spax and they dont rub?

what tyre size you using?

allye

185/55 i think, I'm so anoyed, I'm in one of those i hate my car and want sell it moods.

Just want to get it sorted quickly so I don't ruin my tyres.

Anyone think cutting the arches back will sove it?

swordfish210

Strange, i've never had any rubbing on mine with the 195 tyres on it except if i'm really giving it some through Bobbies chicane around Castle Combe :) and thats even with the 309 wishbones on it.

Edited by swordfish210

allye

Its so anoying! You think harder/less of a drop springs would be better? i would take some photos but have misplaced my camera at the moment!

Ali

swordfish210

If you want to bring the car over to my place at some point i'd be happy to have a look and adise a way of getting rid of the rubbing for you.

allye

You around tomorrow? I have a day off, I will put the car back on the 13inch standards tomorrow morning so i don't ruin the tyres! That would be great though.

Ali

swordfish210

I'm around this evening. Tomorrow i'm at uni and i'm not sure what time i'll be home, also i may be going to the cinema in the evening. If you still have my number then drop me a text tomorrow and i'll let you know what i'm up to.

allye

I'm busy tonight! you around Saturday 4pm+?

Cheers, Ali

swordfish210

Yeah should be around then.