• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
billybluesky

1.6v1.9 Wheels

billybluesky

Would there be any noticable differences in handling if i changed my standard pepperpots to 1.9 wheels on my 1.6 road car

Baz

Overall diameter is about the same. But there'll be more tyre with the 1.6 wheels, so more sidewall/tyre flex.

Try it, it's the only real way to tell if you like it or not.

chrisj21

I've tried before but haven't noticed any real difference.

Most people change for the looks so its good to see someone asking about the performance differences for a change.

I think the pepperpots look just as good tbh.

Chris

Tom Fenton

Its swings and roundabouts. I think the car can feel more nimble on the 14's. However tyre choice for the 15's is a lot better and cheaper, and the other bonus is that the 15's have proper centre caps meaning its easy to get them balanced properly. Also the 15's give you potentially more brake upgrade choices.

GeorgeXS
and the other bonus is that the 15's have proper centre caps meaning its easy to get them balanced properly.

I went to the rallycross superprix at croft this weekend, and noticed that some of the 205's that had pepperpots on had the metal cut out of the middle of the wheel presumably so they are easier to balance!

Thought they might be cheap copies until i went for a closer gander!

jengis

I think the 14" wheels are ET24 (offset) wheras the 15" are ET19, meaning the scrub radius and track width is slightly different if you interchange. The differences are because the 1.6 hub faces are further out than 1.9's. I run non-pug 15's with ET20 on 1.6 hubs and it slowed the turn-in very slightly. This could be down to many other things though.

richsmells

I always thought the offset of the 1.9 wheels on my 1.6 hubs felt wrong somehow. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but it never quite felt "right".