• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
osama

Rubbing Front Wheel Under Cornering!

osama

Hi everyone,

My 205 is slowly being perfected, but something that i am stuck with is;

The front drivers side wheel, under medium/heavy cornering sounds as if it is rubbing on something?! as if the wheel is rubbing on the arch, BUT i have looked inside the arch and there is no evidence what so ever of any rub marks or anything?!

help meeeeeeeee!

many thanks

Sam

Tom Fenton

Are you sure it isn't a duff wheel bearing?

welshpug

1.6 hubs with 1.9 wheels and fat sidewall 195's?

GLPoomobile

I remember having this on one of my cars, and I'm sure it was my 1.9 that I had for a while. That was lowered on Eibach 7001 springs, and it definately felt like it was rubbing the arch, but there was no sign of it. I never did investigate it as it hardly ever showed itself. There was one place on a long sweeping left hander that it did it.

Reckon the wheel bearing would be a good starting place.

allye

osama what ride hieght and wheels are you running? obviously large wheels on a dropped car may well rub, having a look around the wheels whilst stationary won't help much!

cheers, ali

nick

You sure it's the front? If the beam is on it's way out, they can rub on the inner arches.

Nick

DamirGTI

I have just the same thing :P 1.6 with 1.9 wheels , lowered on Eibach's 7001 , rubbing on the RH side only under heavy cornering ... and i can see the rubbing point on the bottom edge of the wing trim .. will strip the suspension down today and do a good look around (i suspect the driveshaft cos the last one which i've fitted was from 309 1.3 .. was some odd 5mm longer than 1.6 shaft and lasted only few months :lol:) also , i can see the difference by looking at the strut top mounts , the cup on the RH side rests at quite different angle than the LH one :lol:

Damir B)