• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gentry_Ba

Suspension- Maximum Lowering Of A 205

Gentry_Ba

hello!

have you got some pics of nice lowered 205's? (still driveable, nearly stock except of the lowering would be nice :lol: )

my gentry is lowered with powertech 60mm springs- and this is still not enough.

cheers, and thank you!

matthias

NeilGTi85

60mm:

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

I brought the car like that, not really drivable TBH. I had to replace the fuel filler hose to the tank as it ground out to much and made a hole in it!!

If it was going to be only track It would be ok but as a road car...useless.

Neil

James_R

Really need to describe drivable, mine runs a 9.5" front 10" rear from base of doorline/sill line but has 300lbs springs and 25mm rear bars, so the sus doesn't move very much. driveable on standard rear beam is standard springs imo

Gentry_Ba

my gentry: (60mm powertech)

CIMG5640.JPG

20_8007.jpg

20_8005.jpg

my cti: (60mm powertech spring, with stock shock absorbers)

2660_17278.jpg

cheers,

matthias :o

GLPoomobile
Really need to describe drivable,

Exactly. If your definition of driveable is simply that it is still able to move and turn (even if that means catching the arches) then you can go much lower than 60mm. I remember a blue GTI in Revs many years ago that was lowered something like 100mm on 15" cyclones, and they said in the article that it would bottom out and cause sparks from underneath when driven hard ( :o ). Of course, the also said it handled like a go kart - and that must be true, with Revs being such a brilliantly informative publication :lol:

But the fact is, it's going to be s*ite lowered to any extreme. You are sacrificing the primary quality of the car for the sake of aesthetics. Why not just something VW instead? s*it 60mm springs on OE dampers must give some 'interesting handling' :lol: Terrible ride quality, little to no damping, bump steer etc. Why bother?

chris-stdt

I agree totally poo

I live in the country and my car is lowered 25 mm and its very hard not to catch the underside sometimes as the roads round here are shi**t so -100 mm (thats four f**king inches) must be unbearable

Gentry_Ba

thats right. the car should be driveable without loosing grip in curves, bumping too much, etc... :o

my gentry is driving really fine- and on that one I don't want to change anything on the suspension.

but my restoration project, a '88 1.6 gti should come nearer to the ground, if possible. :lol:

I plan to drive the SL299 alloys with 195/45R15 or 195/50R15 tires.

cheers,

matthias

Edited by Gentry_Ba

James_R

No idea how low as said 9.5" on the front sill line 10" on the rear pretty low, very drivable for a trackcar though :lol: useless for speedbumps :o

post-6092-1256922714_thumb.jpg

post-6092-1256922689_thumb.jpg

ian_p

DSC00560.jpg

This is mine, it's got 50mm springs on the front and is lowered accordingly at the rear

ian_p

^^^

it's been like this for a week and i've had no difficultly with it. speed bumps are fine too

KieranGTI
^^^

it's been like this for a week and i've had no difficultly with it. speed bumps are fine too

Look's well im going for a 50mm drop too, 40mm is not enough and 60mm is to much.

ian_p

i'll put info up in a few hours about tyre profile etc

omega
i'll put info up in a few hours about tyre profile etc

would have thought if you want it low smaller wheels with low profiles would help and you wouldnt need to be so radical with the springs etc

of course there would be a trade off with gearing but when you alter something theres always a trade off

Gentry_Ba

hello!

someone here is doing a group-buy for GAZ suspension here, is that correct?

can you tell me the price? would be very nice! in germany, suspension is very expensive...

cheers and thanks!

matthias

Gentrix
hello!

someone here is doing a group-buy for GAZ suspension here, is that correct?

can you tell me the price? would be very nice! in germany, suspension is very expensive...

cheers and thanks!

matthias

Hi Matze,

follow the link

GAZ group buy

You have to write Cybernck an PN - he will give you an answer - the price is confidental. (top secret *g*)

andi

ian_p

had 4 people in it this eve and was driving thru some bumpy country lanes and it only rubbed the arches twice.

i'm happy with how driveable my car is with the height.

cybernck

Is this low enough for you? :(

post-4-1257877164_thumb.jpg

post-4-1257877198_thumb.jpg

post-4-1257877240_thumb.jpg

KieranGTI

Another low rider

post-14321-1258153471_thumb.jpg

post-14321-1258153494_thumb.jpg

lucas_lfc

A bit of a thread revival lol, but im maybe interested in lowering my car similar to the ones in the pics above ( i know it ruins handling etc), im just wondering if anything was uprated for the rear suspension, or was the torsion bar just lowered? am going to get coilovers

cheers

Edited by lucas_lfc