• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

309 Rear Beam Parts

allye

Hi, I have been reading lots of 309 rear beam articles for hours (and enjoying it) as I have a 70,000 mile rear beam to go on my rallye, I know I need the hand brake cables, discs, brake lines and pads obviosly, but I have read I need compensators? 2 of these? sorry for my ignorence this is my first disc rear beam! I have 1900 front calipers to go on as well along with 1900 master cyclinder. Should be an ok budget brake upgrade! :wacko:

Thanks a lot, Ali

Anthony

Yes, you'll need some form of compensator in the system - (UK) Rallye's like other base models had the compensators built into the rear wheel cylinders AFAIK, and by converting to disks, you'll thus have no compensators and it will lock the rear wheels up prematurely when running 1.9 brakes up front.

allye

great thanks for that, where do I locate them?

cheers, ali

welshpug

anywhere in the rear brake lines, IIRC on the 205 they're usually either side of the fuel tank, but on my ZX they are in front of the spare wheel on the boot floor.

allye

Any one know a cheapish place to get them? is buying them 2nd hand of a breaking 1.9 gti not advised? Don't really want to go to Peugeot as they will rob me, my mate is a mechanic and could prob get them cheaper through his supplier.

Thanks a lot, Ali

philfingers

good ones demand high prices, I sold a pair for about £10 or 12 quid. They're mega bucks from a dealer i think and I don't think you'll get them from aftermarket suppliers. you could try http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ see if they have them. They have different unions on the in/out side too from memory

j_turnell

I've got an 'as new' one spare if you get stuck. pm me.

welshpug

GSF do Bosch boxed ones for £30 each, which I think is half what epugeot do them for.

its best to get them in pair as the specification did change.